Saturday, April 23, 2016

Readathon April 2016 Updates

Let's Read!
THE END:

Around five Jenni Elyse joined our readathon party. We tried to read. We really did. But we also did a lot of talking, music listening, and eating some much needed dinner. It was a readathon PARTY... and it was fun.

I did manage to finish Winter, which was my main goal. So in the end, altogether, I read about 450 pages of much drama. What a great series! Love it!

We had several readers join us (my daughter and I) during the day. Her friend came in the morning and then again in the evening. Then Jenni as mentioned above, and then my son and his girlfriend for a couple of hours in the middle of the day. They used the readathon to study for finals. Perfect.

It was a great day. Massively relaxing which is just what I needed. Let's do it again sometime!

________________________________________________

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Still reading Winter. About 100 pages left.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Yeah, just 100s of pages in Winter.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
It would be nice to give Summerlost a try.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Lots of readers coming and going.  It's like a reading revolving door around here. It's awesome. Other than that, not many inturruptions going on. It's been a very quiet, very chill day. 
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Um, it seems really quiet. Like around the bloggin and tweeting places. Unless I'm just missing stuff. 
______________________________________________

Hour About Nine:

120 more pages read in Winter
A quote shared from my last chapter read: "You can't leave me again. I can't do this without you." Sure you can. It won't be as much fun, but you'll figure it out." 
A book selfie taken:



Snacks dug into:



A nap taken.

And so it goes. Read on!

________________________________________________

HOUR FOUR-ISH:

I've read 100 pages from Winter.
I had breakfast and took a shower.
I wrote a five word #readathon story: Reading books all day long!
I wrote a postcard to Kai: 
       Dear Kai, Cinder and I are so sad you couldn't come with us, but we are having a blast! We even found the perfect song to rock out to, one that reminds Cinder of you so she won't miss you too much. This country is awesome. Thanks for saving it from Levana for us! See you soon!


I had reading buddies for a bit but they left. Maybe they'll come back here in a bit.
I had a hard time keeping my eyes open from the get go, but I think the shower will help!

That's my update. Read on!

_________________________________________________________

Opening Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

The very fine part of Utah USA.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Finishing Winter!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

As always, homemade caramel popcorn!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

My daughter graduated from college yesterday, the same daughter that made me become a grandma two months ago, and... I've been in a reading slump for three months. Maybe that will change today?

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Nothing at all different! I have this gig DOWN!


7 comments:

  1. Good Luck today! Happy Reading! Congrats on becoming a grandma and your daughter graduating college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your daughter! :) Fingers crossed that today is the day your reading slump ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you were reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! My day was a no go for reading. You guys have fun! Now I'm craving peanut butter M&Ms. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me join you around hour 12. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reading started out pretty good today, but has declined. I spent some time with Grandma, then took my kids to The Jungle Book. I guess we will see how far I can get from here on out, but I'm getting tired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so much fun, even if I didn't get much read, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails