Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 Reading Recap

Picture of the month: The day I got a Kazookie.

The year has gotten off to a great start! Here's what I read this month:


Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: All three couples come together to solve the world's problems in this fabulous conclusion to a fabulous trilogy.

Mosquitoland by David Arnold: A quirky coming of age story about a girl who takes off across the country to find her mother.

Blues Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards by Janette Rallison: Her best friend moves away, a new family moves in. Suddenly, she is mixed up in making sure the new girl doesn't get in trouble and also trying not to fall in love with her brother, the new boy.

The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion: The authors rambles and thoughts on dealing with grief during the year after her husband dies.

Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway: Oliver was kidnapped, and then comes back ten years later. Will his friendship with Emmy continue?

Smile by Raina Telgemeier: What's it like to be a sixth grader dealing with normal sixth grader things on top of major orthodontic work due to an accident?

Favorites this month: Their Fractured Light, Mosqitoland and Emmy and Oliver. Tons of fun the lot of them!

Plans for February:

  • Re-read Little Women for our #LittleWomenRAL! Join us!
  • Read 100 pages in Moby-Dick.
  • Finally get to Winter.
  • Finish Endure.
  • Finish The Red Queen.
  • Read Half Wild.
  • Finish Twitterpated.
  • Umm.... should I add more to the list?
How was the start of the reading year for you? Any awesome plans for February?





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful start to the new year! I need to start These Shattered Stars! I don't even like kazookies but that looks so yummy. Maybe that's my diet talking. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Have you started all those books you want to finish? How many books to do you read at a one time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: Normally not this many, but I've been having a focusing issue lately...and yes... I've started them all!

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing such wonderful reviews of Mosquitoland! I'm definitely tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHY?! WHY did you show a picture of your kazookie?! Now I want one ... again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to a great start. Your dessert looks like it was scrumptious! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've had a great year so far! I'm about to write my first monthly wrap-up post and I like your idea of using it to plan the month ahead.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails