Monday, August 24, 2015

Utah Book Month 2015: Utah Books I've Read This Year


One of the biggest parts of celebrating Utah books month is reading only books by Utah authors during the month of August, but I tend to read Utah authors all year long. Here's a list of books by Utah authors that I've read this year, since last year's Utah Book Month celebration, with blurbs and links to my review:


The Unhappening of Genesis Lee by Shallee McArthur: What would happen if you could store your memories in tangible objects and then what would happen if those objects got stolen?

Begin Again by Brittney MullinerAubrey moves in with her brother to escape a harrowing event that happened in her life.

Something About Love by Elana Johnson Olivia has to get beyond some issues with her mom before she can be with the guy she loves.

Atlantia by Ally CondieTwo sisters live in a city under the ocean. One is sent Above and one stays Below where she uncovers some knowledge that could destroy their beautiful city.

The Bishop's Wife by Mette Ivie Harrison: Linda, a Mormon bishop's wife, gets involved in a neighborhood mystery.

Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick:  Oakley is spending a few months away from home to help her deal with the recent death of her brother Lucas. But what helps her the most are the letters he left behind, just for her.

Shutter by Courtney Alameda A group of ghost hunting kids (most of them descended from the likes of Van Helsing or Bram Stoker) are infected by a deadly entity and must find the ghost that did it before it's too late.

Ignite by Sara B. Larson: Alexa is now guard to the king, who she loves, even if she's told him she doesn't. When his brother is kidnapped, she runs to his rescue and in the process she is forced to fess up to her true feelings.

The Eternity Key by Bree DespainThe continuation of Daphne and Haden's adventures as they try to find the key that will let them into Hades so they can stop the war.

Remake by Ilima Todd: When Nine has to choose her gender, she's not sure what to do. But then an accident happens and she is left with no choice. 

Not in the Script by Amy FinneganWhat happens when the guy you've crushed on for years is suddenly your co-star? And what happens if he doesn't turn out to be at all what you thought he was? 

Paranoia by J.R. JohanssonThe continuation of Parker's story where he finds out much more about his Nightwalking powers and what actually happened to his dad all those years ago.

Stay tuned for what I hope is another big pile of Utah books read this month! If you want to pick a Utah book and read it, be sure to link up your review here on the official Utah Books official blog.


4 comments:

  1. I love that you keep track of your Utah Books throughout the year. I usually save them them in a stack for UBM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great advocate of Utah authors. I don't think I read as many Ut authors as I should. I feel like I should be more supportive or something. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I read Utah authors all year long if I'm in the mood for the book. I don't just wait until August. Although, this UBM, I'm killing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! You are so awesome at getting to these books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails