Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Writing Week: Sharing Sentences



It's been a pretty fabulous writing week. I've managed to tie some new chapters into the previous chapters I already had. And here's hoping they mesh somewhat smoothly. I need to read them altogether all at once to see if I can agree to that.

And I revised the crazy crap that I threw up during Nano13 when these words first came out of my head. Not sure if it's much better. Not sure if it makes sense. Not sure if any of it's staying. But I revised.

Now, if only I could think up an ending!

Current word count for this project which still has no title: 75,160

Some sentences I wrote this week:

He held me tight to him and leaned down, whispering in my ear, “It’s time to change the course of history. You will not be with him, you will be with me.”

**************

“I know, funny how the genes shake down, isn’t it?” He smiled. “I’m the fair one. The fairest of them all.”

**************

“You’re kidding me, right? You kidnap me and you want a hug for it? Dream on.”

**************

“I know! Do you by chance have some other Indian chant-spell-thing up your sleeve that will work here?”

**************

I wanted to move. I wanted to scream. But nothing worked. Except my eyes. They opened wide with fear and helplessness.

*************

Well, that was interesting, trying to find a sentence or two worthy of sharing! And now let's see if I'm brave enough to actually hit the publish button here. Anyone want to share a sentence that they've written this week? 

Wish me luck on an ending idea! Like I told my writing buddies... I'm totally pondering a sunset. :)



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read something you're working on. I'll be nice I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! "The fairest of them all" is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, and I love the sentences you shared! "The fairest of them all" is my favourite, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails